10:54 am - Saturday July 22, 2017

Indian music courses in Malaysia

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian students intending to pursue degree courses in Indian classical music now have the option of doing it locally, through the Sangeetha Swara Laya — a state-of-the-art Indian music academy.
The academy, established in 1999, has 12 centres in the country and is affiliated to the renowned Alagappa University in Tamil Nadu, India, and the Alagappa Performing Arts Academy in California, United States, the academy’s founder and principal Hariharan Subramaniam said.

The academy, which has 700 students, is offering various certificate, diploma and degree courses in Indian classical music. It will see its pioneer batch of 19 students graduate in August.Hariharan said the academy was the first in Malaysia to offer structured and proper training courses in Indian classical music.

The academy’s graduates have opportunities to further their studies overseas and would also enjoy bright career prospects. Those interested to pursue the courses can contact the academy via email at hariharan@sangeetaswaralaya.com or telephone 012-2990776. — Bernama

Filed in: General News

30 Responses to “Indian music courses in Malaysia”

1. Mrs. Suren
    December 27, 2012 at 6:58 am #

DO you have sanggetham and barathanatyam classes in Puchong? I would like to enroll my children.

Pls adv thank you

Mrs. Suren
    012 633 6292

2. Kamesh
    January 11, 2013 at 10:31 am #

Do you have any classes at Kajang or balakong? i want to enroll my children for sangeetham and tabla class..

Mrs.Muru
    0163606442

3. February 17, 2013 at 2:49 pm #

hi my name is hari and i am staying in gombak. last time i give my lyrix to my friend but respond. i no how to singging but i do no the ‘raagam’. so i want to learn.

4. February 17, 2013 at 2:51 pm #

0127772738 hari, please call me

5. Shamundiswari
    April 9, 2013 at 6:48 am #

Pls adv thank you

Mrs. Sham
    016 6068052

6. Mr Ram
    April 25, 2013 at 8:13 am #

Do you have sanggetham and barathanatyam classes in Puchong? I would like to enroll my children. I’m staying in Taman Saujana Puchong.

Pls adv thank you

Mr. Ramesh
    012 6467992

7. mrs suguna
    May 19, 2013 at 6:30 am #

Hi Do you have, sanggetham classes in sepang i would like to enroll my children …i am staying in sepang

8. Mrs.Geevalatha
    July 2, 2013 at 5:54 am #

Hi,

Do you have mirthagam/tabbela classes? Would like to enroll for my 4 yrs son.

9. Mrs Shan
    July 25, 2013 at 4:29 am #

Hi,

I am from semenyih. I would like to enrol my daughter (4 yrs) for sangeetham and bharathanatyam class. Is there any centre available nearby.Pls do contact.

019-6737305

10. bavatharane
    July 28, 2013 at 2:29 pm #

HI, i am bavatharane from batu caves selangor.Do you have, sanggetham classes in batu caves,selangor[age 15] Is there any centre available nearby.Pls do contact.

11. GOURI
    August 19, 2013 at 2:21 am #

Hi, do conduct any sangeetham class in batu caves area. If yes, can I have the address and contact no pls. Thank you. (Gouri – 012-3648052)

12. Sumitra
    August 30, 2013 at 1:26 am #

Hi ,
    Can i know where is the nearest class for sangeetham and bharathanatyam class in shah alam. Its for my 4 years old daughter

Sumitra
    012-2150958

13. G Munusamy
    November 9, 2013 at 8:05 am #

I’m keen in learning music. I can play guitar

14. Shamala
    January 28, 2014 at 5:27 am #

Hi ,

Can i know where is the nearest class for sangeetham and bharathanatyam class in shah alam. Its for my 4 years & 6years old daughter.

15. Anusuya
    February 6, 2014 at 2:47 am #

Can i know where is the nearest class for sangeetham and veena in gombak. Its for my 5 yrs old daughter. my ctc num 017-6221715 tq

16. Nalini
    February 7, 2014 at 2:22 am #

Do you have sanggetham classes in Puchong? I would like to enroll my 3 years old son. Pls let me know.

Thank you.

Nalini
    012 2423437

17. March 10, 2014 at 11:21 am #

Dear All, That is our music school SANGEETHA SWARA LAYA. Please feel free to contact me for any inquiries at +6012 299 0776. We are now working with children to perform for The MALAYSIAN BOOK OF RECORDS. THANK YOU

18. PREMA CHANDRAM
    May 15, 2014 at 8:06 am #

good day,

i would like to learn sangetham
    is there any age limit?

19. J.T.Suresh
    June 8, 2014 at 10:51 am #

Good day Dr Hariharan,

Do you conduct any sangeetham classes in Kajang? would like to enrol my 5 years old daughter. Currently she is learning bharatanatyam and completed salangai poojai.

Please advice. Thank you

J.T.Suresh
    016-2295961

20. Teeba
    July 22, 2014 at 4:20 am #

Do you have any classes at Kajang or balakong? i want to enroll my child for sangeetham class

Pls Call Me At 0103652438

21. Sugasiniy
    August 7, 2014 at 7:06 am #

Hi. I would like to learn sangeetham and I am currently staying in Bangsar. Is there anywhere near my place where I can attend sangeetham classes? Thank You.

22. Rina
    September 9, 2014 at 2:14 pm #

Hi Good Day,

I would like to enroll my kids to Sangeetham Class. I live in Sri Gombak, is th there any nearest classes.

I am very much interested Sangeetham Classes which looking forward.

23. VINOD
    October 3, 2014 at 7:08 am #

HI Sir,vazhthukal,
    do you have the guitar class?
    contact me 0162345581 VINOD

24. October 27, 2014 at 2:21 pm #

hi,
    is there aany claSSES nearby shah alam or subang jaya

25. raji
    November 20, 2014 at 4:34 am #

Hi sir
    I would like to know isthere any sangeetham and bharathanatiyam classes in and around bukit oug condo in old klang road.
    Pls reply for the same

26. malini
    November 30, 2014 at 3:46 am #

My son is 4 would like to learn carnatic vocal.. Please contact 0162444626

27. Vichithra
    January 16, 2015 at 10:36 am #

Hi. Do you have any sangeetham classes around puchong area. I’m looking to enrol my kids.Pls reply to vichi13@gmail.com. TQ.

28. selvi
    January 16, 2015 at 11:54 am #

Hi, may i know any sanggetham and yoga class available in puchong for adults. Please contact me @0172870249

29. Rina Renuga
    February 10, 2015 at 6:36 am #

I am living in Sri Gombak, who is very much interested to send my daughter for a Sangeetham class and she is now 11 years old.

Please advice me more in detail

30. Nandini
    February 16, 2015 at 6:12 am #

Hi is there any tamil, thevaram or sangeetham classes around cyberjaya