1. If your children lie to you often, it is because you over-react too harshly to their inappropriate behaviour.
2. If your children are not taught to confide in you about their mistakes, you’ve lost them.
3. If your child has poor self-esteem, it is because you advice them more than you encourage them.
4. If your child does not stand up for herself, it is because from a young age, you disciplined her regularly in public.
5. If your child takes things that do not belong to him, it is because when you buy him things, you don’t let him chose what he wants.
6. If your child is cowardly, it is because you help him too quickly.
7. If your child does not respect other people’s feelings, it is because instead of speaking to your child, you order and command her.
8. If your child is too quick to anger, it is because you give too much attention to misbehaviour and very little attention to good behaviour.
9. If your children are excessively jealous, it is because you only congratulate them when they successfully complete something, and not when they improve at something even if they don’t successfully complete it.
10. If your child intentionally disturbs you, it is because you are not physically affectionate enough.
11. If your child is openly defied, it is because you openly threaten to do something but don’t follow through.
12. If your child is secretive, it is because she don’t trust that you won’t blow things out of proportion.
13. If your child talks back to you, it is because he watches you do it to others and think its a normal behaviour.
14. If your child doesn’t listen to you but listens to others, it is because you are too quick to make decisions.
15. If your child rebels, it is because he knows you care more about what others think than what is right or wrong.